Thursday, March 06, 2008

Nothing lika a sister

 


I am continually amazed at the love my girls have for each other. Eiley has so much patience with Taliah. She always seeks her out and reads to her, hugs her, talks to her, brings her toys. " I yuv you Taweeah," Eiley says in a high pitched 'baby speak' voice.
 

Eiley lets Taliah pull her hair and never gets frustrated or upset, in fact they have turned it into a game. Eiley puts her head in front of Taliah and of course little T-bird grabs a handfull and then Eiley says, " Who has my hair?,... who has my hair?" at which point Taliah squeals with laughter. I don't quite understand what is so funny about it, but the two of them love it.
 



Taliah perks up when she hears Eiley's voice and she breaks into smile when Eiley looks at her.... pure adoration.

They share a room and often at night they "talk" back and forth to each other before going to sleep. It makes me rememebr the comfort of sharing a room with my sweet sister growing up. The sound of her breathing made me feel safe and warm inside.


"We're best friends," Eiley tells me daily as she wraps Taliah in a head lock hug.

"That is right, " I reply, "You are best friends for life"
 


Sisters... What a gift.
Posted by Picasa

10 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

They are so cute!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

okay, now i'm crying. love them. love you. can't wait for E and R to get the sister thing. miss you. love, Sara

1:56 PM  
Blogger Mills' Memoirs said...

So sweet, Svea! I always wanted a sister, and now I know what I missed! My brothers weren't quite as lovey dovey at that age (I don't think). Makes me want to have one more of each (maybe)!

2:49 PM  
Blogger Roo said...

awww! sweetness!!! i can just picture them in a few years.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Louise said...

That is SO super sweet!!!
Beautiful girls,!!
Miss you girl!

10:09 PM  
Blogger Familien Tinggaard said...

Welcome back! I think Feruary 14th must have been last time I checked your blog..! I have been keeping an eye on it in hopes that you would start writing again, but not quite as often lately... I really have missed laughing and crying over your blog posts..

8:11 AM  
Blogger Suzie said...

Well they are like their mama and Aunt Sara!!! love bugs!
Precious
Mom

6:58 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

I came to your blog because I needed to smile, so I came to look at T's picture. Amagine my surprise when there was more!!! I LOVE the pic of T looking at E so intently and the one of them in the crib together. What Fun!!
Blessings! xoxo

10:55 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

they're definitely a blessing to more than just each other!

7:25 PM  
Blogger it's a gong show... said...

they are adorable!

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home