Saturday, December 16, 2006

Christmas fun

In the last 3 weeks, our little toddler has been busy. She has managed to accidentally break our digital camera, break the head off my ever-so-elegant wise man ( not so accidentally), pretend she is Picasso with a ball point pen and my dear friend's white suede couch....Oh Yes,...she did.....and, Oh yes....... I did...., cry, that is.
But even in my pregnant, hormonal state, my momentary frustration melts into sweet love when i realize this little person is so precious to me. She is mine. She is in a diaper changing obsession with her teddy bear, "Thai-Beer", as she like to say. The diaper goes on and off the bear ALL day long.... I am thinking this is good training , maybe soon she will be changing her own....... I can hope can't I? She brings her little plastic fisher price people with her when we read books and she holds them up close to the book their little, painted stick faces pointed towards the pictures so they can "see". Did I mention she is precious?
SO, I have no photos to share and I am borrowing a computer to write this post, because ours died unexpectedly, but I am grateful for family, for my sweet husband and daughter, and for the little baby who will join us next summer. I am thankful that Jesus came, that HE is Emmanuel God WITH us, that He is with me and you this Christmas season. Be blessed in all you do.

I hope to post in the new year maybe on a fixed computer... we shall see.

11 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Sweet Svea...life with toddlers definitely keeps us on our toes! I would have cried too after the couch incident :). Even without pictures, it is so good to hear from you. Eiley sounds like such a lovely, sweet little girl. I am SO sorry about your camera and computer. Thanks for taking the time to write, and I hope that these next nine days of anticipation are special ones for your family. And I hope you are feeling well in these early days of pregnancy...so exciting!!

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no!! You don't want her changing her diaper....

But the white suede couch? Oh honey. I felt your pain.

xoxo

10:15 PM  
Blogger Roo said...

aww
svea.
i love you.
:)
and i love your eiley.
and your david too!

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if only you could see the grimace on my face right now. but you're SO right...they are precious.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Familien Tinggaard said...

Ha! I was so sure you were pregnant, even if you´ve said nothing before.. When is the baby due? Ours is due June 13th.. Hope they get to see each other some time, and preferably while they´re still kids!

Merry Christmas to all four of you!

Jofrid Lovise

8:08 AM  
Blogger shelley said...

svea your back. Since I've been back and running(not with my feet, in blog land) I've been checking up on you. Glad to see your ok. Merry Christmas to you, and your dear family. See you next year at mops.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Svea...I would have gotten over the couch! It would have been a conversation piece! Eiley was just probably thinking that we needed some art in our living room, since we haven't put any up yet. Thank you so much for putting in so much elbow grease to get the couch clean!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Beate said...

Congratulations on the pregnancy! I'm so happy for you!
May you have a wonderful and blessed Christmas!
Love from Beate in Norway

10:00 AM  
Blogger it's a gong show... said...

Svea..I'm so glad your back..and glad to hear all is well with your little "bun in the oven". Have a great Christmas and God bless!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Oline said...

hi Svea!just wanting to wish you a merry christmas and a fantastic new year, with all the blessings God will pour over you! say hi to David for me:) much love, Oline

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes Svea! I guess the Lord teaches us through many venues! At least you can say "never a dull moment"! Congradulations on the baby!!!

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home