Saturday, November 25, 2006

Our little helper


I'm on a growth curve as a mom trying to figure out how to incorperate my little girl into all that I do ( so as to avoid the whining, pant leg pulling, do something to get mommy's attention little act that is like fingernails on a chalkboard)


I am amazed, really, that my 18-month-old is a little woman in the making. I am shaping her view of life. My attitude will become hers. Am I impatient, frustrated, grouchy? Can I expect any better from her? I must overcome in my attitude if I am calling her to overcome in hers.......... Yeah, easier said than done somedays. But we are talking about life. God make me more like YOU.







So on this journey daily I am beginning to slow down, take time, look for ways to bring my girl into my life as a Homemaker, instead of trying to quickly do everything while she is asleep, or try to distract her so I can get some household things done.



She loves to help Mama, and with a little effort, I am discovering the joy of having a friend and little helper all day. She is learning she is needed as part of our family. Her help with 'cleaning', 'cooking' ( taking care of her babies) all blesses her Mama and Daddy.

Eiley is sooo much more cheerful, and so am I. I still have much to learn, but the shaping of a soul is not taken on with haphazard neglect. I am a commited student in this course called 'mothering' for the rest of my life. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger jb said...

such great words to live by, svea!
you are a wonderful mama, someone i definitely look up to.
love you!

9:25 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

wish I'd read this many years ago. Beautiful, Svea. Not unlike you, inside and out.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Roo said...

yeah! i hear ya!
i'm beginning to walk that trail too.

shiloh has begun to want to "help" me make supper....!! whatever i am doing....she has to be involved.

:)

11:15 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Eiley is a blessed little girl to have such a wise and patient mama! It may take a little longer, but letting our little ones be by our side through our days is a good investment of our time. So many wonderful lessons we get to learn as mamas, aren't there? :)

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home