Saturday, November 25, 2006

Someone call the flourescent police!

Ok, here is the lovely piece of yarn I wore to Joyce's Ugly Sweater Party last night.

I purchased this monstrocity at our local Value Village for an unbelievable $5.99!

I know you are thinking: why would anyone pay more than .99 for this?

Well, I attempted to reason with the pricing manager through a very empathetic cashier.

This sweater is just too ugly to charge $5.99, I mean look at this angora number for just $3.99, can you adjust the price, pretty pretty please?

And my answer, after all that work groveling at the thrift store?
I am sorry , we won't adjust the price. Do you still want it?

I was torn, but after realizing that this Highlighter-gone-mad sweater might just be the ugliest thing at the party, I gave in and paid the outrageousprice, giggling inside, as I imagined Joyce's look when she saw this piece of artwork!

ps- It as worth it. The party was a smashing success and I have never seen a room full of more unattractive sweaters in my life, or more giddy women ( sans children and husbands), munching on divine appetizers, dishy drinks and laughing until our faces hurt.

Thanks for the good time Joyce . We must do it again! Posted by Picasa

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did it keep it's colours over time? It's gotta be radioactive or something! I got a weird buzz from looking at it!

Did you find the blind lady who put that sweater together?

1:54 PM  
Blogger Roo said...

oh wow.
it is soooo much more hideous then i imagined.

i can totally see ME wearing that about 20 years ago.

scary.

3:18 PM  
Blogger it's a gong show... said...

Svea...I still can't get over that sweater...

Brandy

8:47 PM  
Blogger jb said...

i have a headache just looking at it!!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Bethany Jade Speers said...

lovely svea lovely.
ps i think eileys laughing at you;)

12:41 AM  
Blogger joyce said...

oh, Dawling....
I'm still in awe of your great reveal....
Reallllllly. That is the ugliest thing, EVER.

7:44 AM  
Blogger esther said...

OH MY?!?!? I'm so glad you posted a pic...$5.99 is so worth it!!tee,hee!!

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

svea, had such a good time with you at the party although my eye is suffering a blind spot, wondering if it was from that winner sweater of yours. I think David is onto something...radioactive! Judge joyce, deemed you the winner!!! congrats.

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like it was a wild time.
love you.
joc

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Svea, I truly can't imagine anything more hideous than that sweater! Congrats on being the winner! I agree with Bethany...I think Eiley is laughing at you! The best part about that sweater is that somebody actually owned it before you...how I'd love to find out who that was! Makes me wonder if they really liked it or if it was some horrendous gift given by a grandma or someone with poor vision? Anyways, I hope you save it and wear it on occasion! Becky

12:59 PM  
Blogger tashak said...

Wow! That is one HOT sweater... I love your comment about it being a highlighter-gone-mad. Also, I love Eiley's hair. It's getting so long and little girlish! So sweet...both you and her. Hugs and kisses to you both!

6:58 PM  
Blogger rockstarkp said...

Svea,
I'm going to send you a bill for my newly broked monitor after that picture caused the monitor to crack, pop, smoke, and go kaput.
wow, that's ugly

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home