Thursday, October 12, 2006

Room with a view

In the last two weeks since I have been out of touch with the modern world (no phone or e-mail) our living room cinema has changed drastically. My little girls' view has transformed from



this












to

this Alas........
Yes winter has arrived on the praries, and all to soon for most of us, and yet today I am grateful for a home to enjoy, new carpets to snuggle my toes into and my sweet husband and daughter to share my life with. I was hoping for something profound to write after my ever so lengthly sabbatical from blogging, but as I have tried to clear away the cobwebs in my brain, there has been very little that seriously inspires me( besides my obsession with finding a Roman Shade sewing pattern that makes the actual Roman shades for you while you watch...he he he and trying to unpack, unpack, unpack, sort, sort, sort and sleep) So we shall see if priming the creative juices with this blah entry will release some amazing inner inspiration.....we shall see. Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

Blogger Roo said...

sooooo glad you are back sveakins.
you were missed. MWAH!

10:59 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

so good to hear from you! Your home is beautiful...your daughter more so...and I can't believe you have snow! We are barely edging out of the 100 degree weather, and are feeling "cold" when it is in the low 60's in the morning!! But of course you know that I secretly wish to see snow from my windows :). Happy unpacking and organizing - I know it can be challenging with a toddler under foot. They can be so "helpful"!! Love you :).

11:42 PM  
Blogger esther said...

i'm glad you're back too...i've been checking everyday, just in case you got hooked up earlier:)

the snow...all i've got to say is, it can't be here to stay?!?!

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Svee - your home (pictures) look so beautiful! It's just strangely weird and emotional....Tracie has her little girl (this last week! - Chloe)and Olivier and you have a home in the prairies, Jess and Adam are visiting this Fall with their two, me in the suburbs...uhm.......Where does life go???

I love seeing your photos and I SO relate to the unpacking. We've moved more than 14 times since we got married. I can't wait to see more pictures. I'm glad you got in before the snow! From watermelon to snow, from girls on a Colorado ranch to being mamas....Glad you are hooked up again. :)

11:04 AM  
Blogger Scribbit said...

The snow gets me all Christmasy feeling as soon as it shows up. So far we've dodge the bullet though, it's been 60 all week.

2:25 PM  
Blogger jb said...

i just wanted you to know that your house is beautiful. i can't wait to spend more time there!

11:00 PM  
Blogger Melodie said...

SNOW??? nobody told me that it's snowed!!! shesh, my family should be punished!
ah, anyways, your daughter is precious :)

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home