Wednesday, September 27, 2006

On the move

Summer is fading , the Canadian geese are gathering, the leaves are turning, and today we are MOVING!!!!!! After nearly a year of continual renovation work ( mostly by my dear husband and amazing father-in-law) we are going live in our first home.

It still doesn't feel real, but tonight I will sleep beneath fresly painted ceilings and walk on newly laid floors. Eiley will have her own room, and I have a refrigerator, stove and washing machine that are all ready to do my bidding. I feel like a queen.

I am so grateful for generous parents who have given their time again and again to help us acheive this miracle. In order for David and I to purchase a house within our means we had to pour in A LOT of sweat equity ( read in between the lines: blood, tears, backaches, bruises, headaches) David's parents have served us in thousands of precious ways. They invited us to live in their home for the last 4 months so that we could work on the house, and not have extra apartment rental payments. Agnes has lovingly taken care of Eiley many nights so I could work on the house with David , and Peter has given millions of hours building, sweating and laboring with David sharing his building expertise and knowledge all along the way. We could not have done this without them.


It has been a treat to wake up with live-in grandparents for the last few months, but tommorow we will again be our little family, living in our little house on this big prairie.

In true Laura Ingall's style we will have no phone service for the next 2-3 weeks. That means probably no blog posts, but I will be using my creative energy to make our house a home and when I return, I trust I will have much fun to share, so don't forget me, and I'll say hi to Ma and Pa for you... Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

Blogger Scribbit said...

Well that explains why you haven't posted--nothing makes you busier than moving unless it's moving with children. Good luck. I look forward to more posts.

1:22 PM  
Blogger esther said...

YEAH!!!!
What a treat it will be...
so happy for you guys.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Liz G said...

How exciting! A first home is always something to remember. Praying that you will have many treasured memories there.

4:51 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

Svea- a finer queen there never shall be...

8:05 AM  
Blogger Familien Tinggaard said...

I really look forward to when you´re online again! Yours has been the one blog where I was sure I would find a new post whenever i went through my link list. It´s such a disappointment every time I open it and it´s the same one still on top.. But I am really happy for you, (and envy you a little bit) and look forward to see pictures from your new home.

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm if I wouldn't have a phone, TV or computer... The most likely outcome would be my wife being pregnant again :-)

Enjoy

10:01 PM  
Blogger Roo said...

your little house on the prairie is grand. but you are grander.

thanks for the sunshine you bring to this part of the world.

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home