Sunday, September 10, 2006

Soo much love to give


Eiley is a lover. She loves people and squeals with delight at the prospect of seeing more people. She recognizes people names and squeals when I say that we are going to see them. She hugs, kisses and pats all the children in her vicinity, and gives 'eskimo kisses' to her auntie Chantelle daily.

She loves her friend Noelle and sometimes, understandably, Noelle gets a little bit too much. Eiley will follow her around trying to hug and pat her and Noelle squirms to get away from the suffocating loveyness.


Her younger cousins Kaelyn and Shiloh regularly endure a round of Eiley's shrieking, head patting and hugging with Eiley saying "aaawww" ( just like the adults do when they see her kissing and hugging the babies). She tries all the time to sit on their laps to get just a little bit closer to them, but a 15 month old trying to sit on an 8-month-old is a bit of a mismatched love fest, which requires mommy supervision and revision ' That is so sweet Eiley you love your cousin, but she is smaller than you, why don't you sit here next to her and not on her'


Eiley is also very touchy feely, just like her mama. She expresses her love by touching hugging and kissing . I just adore the feeling of her sweet baby girl hands on my knees as she gives me a spontaneous grab hug while I am working in the kitchen, or the way she will take a break from her toddler business and sit on my lap for a while if I just keep stroking her legs and back or playing with her hair.

I love the fact that my sweet girl is so free with her love, so generous with her kisses and hugs and oh so snuggly. I know a day will come when I will have to tell her she can't kiss the postman, but until then, I relish her freedom, her exuberance and her precious little girl lovin'.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

How truly delightful and sweet :). Eiley has always struck me, as I have known her through your writing, as a child with an incredible gift of joyful openness and with a very giving personality. She sounds to me a lot like you and your sweet husband. The photos of her loving on her friend and cousin are priceless!

12:22 AM  
Blogger Liz G said...

I like your new look!

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home