Thursday, April 17, 2008

to be a princess

 

It does not take any outside influence



It does not take indoctrination



It needs no instruction



IN the heart of every little girl there is a princess.






I don't think we ever really explained to Eiley what a princess was, but in the last few months she has decided that she is one and wants to dress like one at every opportunity. I think this is rather funny because she owns no princess movies ( has no idea who Belle, Snow White or Cinderella are)has no princess books.

On a small tangent maybe this shows the brilliance of Disney marketing. You don't even need to see the movie and your child still wants the stuff ( I don't know whether this is brilliant or incredibly scary)



Anyhow without going to deep into the Big Brother Disney rant, I am touched by the princess in my house. She is God's daughter and even at a young age we can let her know that. The fairy tale of her life has just begun and like every tale there will be dragons ( right now it is a horrible cough that kept us up literally ALL night....sigh), but through it all the King is watching out for her, loving her and I get to be his handmaiden, shepherding and loving my little one, reminding her who she is because of who He is.


And sometimes princesses don't have to wear ballgowns... undies over jeans makes a statement too.

 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

Blogger Louise said...

That is SO sweet and SO true! King's Kids that is what we are I think we even want to be princesses when we are all grown up!
Hugs to you!
L

3:46 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

She is so very cute! Definitely a princess in my eyes! Love the undies over the jeans look, for her that is, don't think I'll be trying it anytime soon!!

4:01 PM  
Blogger Roo said...

awww! :)
sweeeetums!

ps love love LOVE that Tshirt you gave me the heads up on. oh -- to own at least 12 of those, heh? :)

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she is so cute...kids, aren't they precious?? L-lew

6:24 AM  
Blogger Mills' Memoirs said...

I love that little princess! I'm so glad our girls can be princesses together! love you :)

3:42 PM  
Blogger jb said...

very sweet princess indeed...

9:56 PM  
Blogger esther said...

too sweet :)
love her...

10:08 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

SVEA!
How are you??? Are those your little ones...?

2:15 PM  
Blogger Leigh Getty Hinkel said...

P.S.
Drop me an email sometime.

hinkel.leigh@gmail.com

leighhinkel@ihop.org

or my blog:

http://thesilentsummons.blogspot.com/

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home