Tuesday, March 25, 2008

when i need a smile

 Lately it seems I have been short a few smiles around the house. My oldest little sweetheart has been growing in lots of things, including testing my patience. Needless to say she has been seeing a few more reprimanding looks than is probably healthy for an almost three-year-old.



I think I need to go through my pics more often, for as I sat here tonight looking, I realized how precious these two little human beings are to me, and I must reach deeper for grace and patience and joy to pour over them every day instead of running dry and letting furrowed brow be the most they see.

I often find Eiley's attitude mirrors my own.

I need more joy.

Jesus help me today to reflect your heart towards my girls, even in the 'teaching moments', fill me with more of you Lord.....Amen
 
 
Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

Blogger esther said...

oh friend, i can relate to the furrowed brow...your prayer is my prayer too :)
love ya!

10:47 PM  
Blogger Roo said...

love that last picture of the 3 of you. your prayer is the prayer for all of us mommies. thanks for putting words to it. :)

10:19 AM  
Blogger Mills' Memoirs said...

Svea, I echo that prayer! Let there be more "fruits" in my life too!

8:49 AM  
Blogger joyce said...

oh Svea, "3" can be very, very challenging. I totally can relate, and know how much slowing down it takes to not punch holes into walls and doll houses.

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love you svea. you are a good mom. and i can totally echo your prayer and frustration many of times. wisdom and grace to you.
joc

8:15 PM  
Blogger Louise said...

Amen to that...today was one of those days for me..frustrating!!! thanks for that prayer I will repeat it now!
You and your girls are GORGEOUS!!

8:58 PM  
Blogger jb said...

so true... i hear ya.

beautiful pics, especially the last one... your daughters are so gorgeous (as well as you). :)

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

purty picture, purty you, Sveeeee! i miss you! oxoxoxoxox

meeeeeeeee.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home