Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines Day

 
 
 
 
In my parents house Valentine's Day was always a treat. My mom, who is brilliant at making traditions special would always set the table special with red tablecloth, conversation hearts strewn about, red hots ( my favorite), and special place settings. At each persons place there was a card from my parents and a box of chocolates. I remember anticipating coming home from school on Valentines to find the table set for our family love feast. I wanted to plan something special for our girls, and so we made a special artisan whole wheat loaf ( which Eiley has dubbed ' Our daily bread')
Heart shaped grilled cheese ( they are preschoolers) conversation hearts candles red tablecloth and an activity book present. Daddy came home with flowers for everyone and then he read out a special card he wrote for each girl affirming her identity. It brought me to tears. I am so blessed to have God's love and see it flow around our little family in such a special way. Happy Valentines to you too.
BTW my girls are on a bit of a conversation heart high ( ie running around the house shouting Valentines greetings and declaring their love for sugar!)
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Suzie said...

oh man I wish I could be there for that!
The pics are beautiful!
Happy Saint Valentino day

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Sara said...

Amazing. You are carrying on in mom's beautiful traditions. Your girls are so blessed! What a great mommy you are!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Those are fantastic ideas! I'm going to write them down for next year!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Louise said...

That is beautiful!!!
Great ideas :)

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home