Saturday, September 27, 2008

The love of my life

 
 
 
 
My sweet David truely is the love of my life. In August we celebrated 6 years of marriage. Every year gets better and better. We have been through a lot in 6 years: 7 moves, spanning 2 states and 2 countries, Being job-less, seeing miracles, me struggling through a season of chemical depression early in our marriage, having two beautiful girls,losing two babies in pregnancy, traveling the globe together, being apart for 23 days once ( never again). Marriage is the closest thing to heaven on earth that I can imagine. It is the hardest work with the greatest payoff. I am so thankful for the humble, generous, selfless, handsome, Godly, caring, funny man that God gave me in David. I am humbled that this man is willing to go to the trouble , do the work, grow stretch and continue to love me on my best and worst days.......I love this man.

We celebrated with two nights away from the girls, and then took the girls for some gelati on our anniversary. Eiley said to me the other day "When i become a man I will marry you mom." While flattered, I replied with something like:" Thank you sweet heart, but my heart will always be Daddy's, and someday you will meet a man like Daddy and get married to him instead"....OH that she would meet someone like her precious father.
Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

Blogger Roo said...

23 days! when was that? where did he go? i don't remember that one....

sweet post. sweet eiley!

10:35 PM  
Blogger svea said...

David was in Taiwan teaching Conflict Resolution. It was a really long time, we decided not to do that again ever! Next time I want to go too. =)

10:42 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

What a great post, Svea!

8:26 AM  
Blogger The Nilsen's Journey said...

Happy anniversary Svea! I agree, this marriage thing does get better every year! A wonderful post to read! Bless you!

7:59 PM  
Blogger jb said...

what a beautiful post, svea! :) you guys have a such a great marriage and are an inspiration to many.

12:02 PM  
Blogger jen said...

you guys are so lovely! thank you for your sweet example of faithful, joyful life and love.

love,
joe and jen

1:22 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

you went and made me all lumpy-lumped!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Demara said...

Happy Anniversary! you look gorgeous~

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home