Saturday, March 17, 2007

Weekend accomplishments

 

It has long been my goal to make a photo collage on my wall with some frames I have had for almost 10 years. I collected them when I lived in a quaint little town called Trinidad, Colorado. A neat family called the Danielsons's had a shop with the most unique frames at home decor. Over the course of 5 years collected their 'seconds' and sale frames until I had a good 20 of them. Hanging them up on the wall of our kitchen/ dining room makes my heart happy, because I have had them in boxes waiting for the day when I would be married, in my own home and able to have a wall of family fame. This past weekend, the wall was started, I just LOVE looking at it, as it is the first thing you see when you come into our home.
 

I also finally got around to ironing the curtains in our house, which I sewed quite a while back, but never properly ironed. Can I say that I supremely dislike ironing!
But 'Littlebit" loved playing tent under the curtains and brought all sorts of books and dollys to play inside while I ironed.
At least oneof us was having fun:)
Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

Blogger Louise said...

Great picture wall!! I love it with the words!
Good JOB!!!!

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am still speechless from the poop episode. I tried and tried to leave a comment and I was just truly speechless for you! Horror-ibly funny.

The frames however look BEAUTIFUL. And I love that we have some of the same frames hanging in our homes! :)

You probably already know this but that yellow tacky stufff that you hang up posters with in college? It works perfect in the bottom two corners of the frames (big wads of it) to keep the frames hanging straight. Cool, huh? :)

I've been thinking of you alot this weekend and owe you an email! It's coming..... xoxox

~Mish

9:50 PM  
Blogger Roo said...

love the frames svea. bew t ful.

7:59 PM  
Blogger esther said...

the wall is so beautiful, svea.
i think i might hire you to help me with mine...

3:58 PM  
Blogger svea said...

Thanks for the encouragement!
mish- looking forward to that e-mail...miss you!
esther- no need to hire,i work for free ;) let's do it whenever you are feeling inspired

8:32 PM  
Blogger Heather :) said...

I LOVE the picture wall - absolutely gorgeous! And I am also speechless over the poop episode - too funny!

12:21 AM  
Blogger shelley said...

i love that idea, and I too want to do that. So many ideas, and not enough time to do them. Some day right?

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I am stealing the wall idea. I am also a father who has played superdaddypoop. Not a fun role, yet seems to be a required course to pass the daddy 101 diploma!

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember visiting that shop with you when I visited you in Trinidad. The wall is so lovely...as is your sweet toddler :). I've been thinking of you lots...Love, Amy

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home