Thursday, April 30, 2009

true faith


My little Eiley girl has been speaking to my heart lately with her simple faith. Often I will hear her say " thank you Lord!" when she finds something that had been lost and prays for help finding it. Kinda precious out of a three year old's heart. WE were talking the other day about farm animals and she so sweetly said " I would love to have a lamb and a cow and baby chicks Mama" I explained to her that I too thought it would be so fun to have these pets but we did not have a place for them to sleep and grow and that farms were better for that. "I am going to pray and ask Jesus for them," she said, and then promptly " Lord Jesus please let us have a lamb and chicks and animals thank you amen" Later that day on the way to the city she asked me if we could buy some grain and seeds, when I asked why she explained that she would need them for her animals. "Well we don't have animals," I replied. and in a very matter of fact voice she said " But I asked Jesus for them and so we need to have food for when they come." Sigh,.... I wish I could get her a whole farm, and more than that I wish for myself to have her faith, simple expectant unfettered and precious.

2 Comments:

Blogger Louise said...

Wow that is incredibly precious!!
Touched my heart!!
Hugs

7:17 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

She sure is sweet, that one:)

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home